Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Fat Fat Fat!!!

I bet it's no big surprise that I feel like a cow these days since every post of mine involves some mention of food. This one's no exception. ;)

Last Wednesday I went to a small yakitori/sashimi place with Ann, Jeff and Sean for our weekly Ota night out. Not only did we eat there, we went to Gusto's for even MORE food afterwards! What is wrong with us?! Though I have to say, the group seems to get smaller every week. Come on, people...we need you to come out and eat! Hmm...perhaps there lies my problem. Dude, I should be eating less, let alone forcing others to join me! Hmm.

On Friday we finally had Ann and Jeff's birthday bash! We fit 24 people in Ikkyu, Ota's best izakaya, if you ask me. Anyway, it was SO much fun! The party included nomihodai (all-you-can-drink) but there was SOO much food left over that you'd think it was tabehodai (all-you-can-eat) as well! Other than the fact that I was SO hot in there (it literally felt like I was having hot flashes), everything seemed to work out great! After dinner, some of us went to karaoke above Gen. After some broken glasses, a stolen Hirai Ken poster, a retarded remote, and much gaijin drunkeness, it's a safe bet that the workers there HATE us. Oh well, that's ok...I wouldn't want to go back anyway, since they didn't have ANY Kelly songs in the room they gave us. And well, in my book, that is just a BIG Dame Judy Dench. Pictures to be posted later....and trust me, you don't want to miss this. Hehe. Jeff and Ann slept over at my apt that night and we watched some Christina in concert before everyone passed out.

The next day was a purposeless day, indeed. We woke up and made breakfast. Later, we all went to AEON and walked around aimlessly, then had kaiten sushi for dinner. We walked around some more with NO destination in mind. In order to prevent Ann from spending unneccessary money AND for us to find something to do, the three of us took the AEON bus back near Ota Eki, then walked to Time Clip to rent videos and buy toys for our desks. Exciting Saturday night, huh?! Hehe. Actually, I quite enjoyed our little trip. The walking part was needed anyway b/c we all feel as though we weigh a million pounds. I swear if winter doesn't end soon, I might actually need gastric bypass surgery. I feel DISGUSTING. We were all supposed to have started a diet on Monday. I've started to eat smaller portions, but I still need to move around more. Let it be warm so that I could go to the gym, dammit!

Thoughts of the day:

The toy I bought at Time Clip is solar powered and bobs its head and arms up and down all day long. I am SO amused by it. Also, I am planning to start a mini-figure collection of superheroes. I need to go back to Time Clip to get Batman first! Woohoo! More toys for my desk!

Sorry to end this post on a sad note, but I JUST found out that Dana Reeve died of lung cancer. So sad! It hasn't even been two years since Christopher Reeve died! WHAT is wrong with this world?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home