Why I love my students
I think one of the things I will miss most about Japan is seeing my students' faces every day and talking to them. They are just so darn cute! I'm gonna miss them soo much! I wish I could see how they turn out in 10 years! Anyway, here are a couple of reasons, among many, as to why my students rock...
A. Yesterday, I visited badminton practice after school. I was just sitting there watching, when my student, Erika, came up to me. She was soo excited to talk to me. I asked her if she likes English and she said no, and that she is not good at it. But then, she started asking me question after question, beginnning with, "Have you ever....?" because that's the grammar point we're studying right now, and that's all she could think of! Isn't that soo cute?! She doesn't like English but was willing to use what she learned in class just so that she could converse with me. Awwwww.
B. Today in my 1nensei class, my JTE taught the students the differences between, "Mr.", "Miss", and "Mrs." A student in the back then shouted, "What do you call gay people then??" Omg, I had to hold back from busting out laughing.
Yes, I LOVE my kids.
2 Comments:
so are you going to be a teacher??
Haha. No, not really. I'm just starting to feel very sad because I know I'm leaving soon. Also, being an ALT is very different than being a real teacher, me thinks. Here, I am the most popular kid at school, and I get paid for it! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home