Last International Trip
Well, at least for the time I'm in Japan. ;) So yeah, Jeff and I booked a trip to Singapore for the beginning of June! Clazy, as the last time I was in Singapore was when I studied abroad there, which was 6 years ago! Omg, I can't believe it's been that long! Time really does fly!!
I am very excited to visit Singapore again, and eat great food. I am especially happy that I'll get to see Agnes, my old roommate while I was there. I was an idiot and didn't think to check the dates with my old advisor, Daisy, who will be traveling in Eastern Europe during that weekend, so I'm not gonna get to see her when I'm there! SAAAAAAAAAD. I'm so retarded. For the past few days, I've been obsessed with trying to find a way to extend my trip for one more day, just so that I could see Daisy. I realize now how really stupid I was for not checking with her first. Anyway, Jeff probably wants to strangle me by now as that's all I have been talking about in the past few days. Unfortunately, packaged tours (even tho ours is not a real tour in that it only includes the flight and hotel) suck in that they issue restricted tickets, meaning no changes are allowed. I am soooooooo bummed about this.
Anyway, nothing can be done now. But yeah, I am still VERY excited about this trip. The mix of cultures, the food, and especially getting to see Agnes....I miss Singapore! Natsukashii! I have a feeling Jeff and I will be eating A LOT on this trip. But then again, when do we not? Hehe.
Bah, did you know that flying from Tokyo to Singapore takes 7 hours?? That's only 3 hours less than it does for flying from Tokyo to LA! Now that part I'm not looking forward to. At least we're flying JAL, which means good service, good movies/games, and good plane food! Hehe.
YAAAAY, Singapore, YAAAAAAY!!!
By the way, I have the worst memory EVER so I can't remember many of the places that I visited when I was there. For those of you reading this post who studied abroad with me or has recently visited Singapore, where should we go?? I remember some places, ie)curry roti prata behind Tamesek Hall, Indonesian at Clarke Quay, Thai at Golden Mile, hawker stalls galore, etc. But yeah, any other suggestions for must-see places/must-eat foods are welcomed!! Suggest away!!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home