A Visit to Art Class
So both my classes got cancelled today, meaning I had NOTHING to do all day. I kept myself busy doing who knows what. I've gotten VERY good at this. I also sat in during art class 5th period. First, the art teacher gave the students 15 minutes to draw a self-portrait of themselves. What do you get when you tell Japanese students to draw self-portraits of themselves? Anime versions of themselves, of course. Seriously. While walking around the room, all I could think was, "Do they all live in some manga world totally unbeknownst to me??" Anyway, after fooling around and some effortless drawing, the art teacher told them each to get a mirror. This time, they were to draw their own facial features while looking into the mirror. OK, SERIOUSLY. Is this ALL that it takes to be an art teacher? If I didn't actually sit at my desk all day, I'd say being an art teacher in Japan appears to be the easiest job EVER! But then again, that position belongs to us ALTs.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home