Friday, September 08, 2006

Dorama!

If this was made into an Asian TV drama, Prince Akishino and his wife, Princess Kiko, would be the antagonists, right?

Princess Kiko just gave birth to a bady boy the other day, 11 years after she had her last child. The birth of a boy in the Japanese royal family will now push back the issue of whether women can ascend the throne, for another 20 to 30 years, at least. Crown Prince Naruhito and his wife, Crown Princess Masako, only have one child, and she is a girl. The crown princess had been under much scrutiny for not trying to have another child, namely a boy, to ascend the throne. Because of the stress, Crown Princess Masako had been reported to have fallen under a depression. Crown Prince Naruhito has publicly defended his wife and said that he will not sacrifice her well-being for the sake of the monarchy.

Prince Akishino, however, has "always lived in his older brother's shadow" and has "criticized his brother and sister-in-law by saying that they must put their public duties above all." It is apparent that Prince Akishino and his wife had this baby to try and secure their family's place in the monarchy (This is just my theory, by the way. Hehe). I wonder what "methods" were used to ensure that they had a baby boy. Hmmm. I'm happy for them, really, but I wanted them to have a girl, so that this widely-debated issue of whether women can ascend the throne could surface once again. (They OBVIOUSLY should be able to...duh!)

This is such a good plot for a TV drama, really! I'm gonna ask for the rights to it...as I get deported from Japan.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I totally wish that they had a girl instead. Just because it's "tradition" doesn't mean it's right.... and it only postpones the issue... they're going to have to face it someday!

-HEIDI

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah, i like what Heidi said.

I think the Japanese are going to have to face up to a LOT of stuff someday!

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home