I wonder
How will life be when I'm 50? Will things just fall into place and suddenly everything will make sense? That's the case according to Oprah, anyway. Hehe. (Yes, Oprah ROCKS and if you disagree, well then, you're just in denial!)
I've always felt more comfortable talking to people twice my age rather than with people my own age. Maybe it's because I don't have to worry about the judgemental sizing up that goes on with people our age. You know what I'm talking about. Older people could care less. Tho, it's not even that. I think I've always liked conversing with older people because I feel as though they've lived life and there's always something to be learned from them. Well, not ALWAYS, but for the most part. I am sometimes also more at ease when around them, as I assume they'd think that I'm "just young" for any not-so-intelligent comments made. They just seem more forgiving to me. It's as if they've graduated from dwelling on the immaturities and pettiness that people my age marinate in, myself included.
However, with all things considered, I still think I'd be retarded at 50. Let's hope not.
2 Comments:
Retarditis hit me at age 18. I've never been happier.
- Glenn (Tatebayashi)
I know! You can be like those genki japanese women at sushi!
Post a Comment
<< Home