Embarrassment, sadness and scariness...all in one day
First comes the embarrassing part. So, on Monday, I went to the BOE again, for part 2 of the shougakkou teachers' English lessons. Everything went well, except for what happened after the seminar. I was with Pete, Jeff and Tom out in the car park of the BOE. Tom had his new scooter with him, and Pete asked if he could have a go at it, since he had never ridden one before. Tom was generous and said yes, and Pete went for his ride around the loop. After I saw Pete having so much fun on the scooter, I asked if I could take it for a ride as well. I mean, what could happen in a two minute ride, right? Wrong, b/c I forgot I am the most RETARDED person EVER. Anyway, so I started my ride around the loop, which went well. Then, a bus passed by and this Japanese man told me I was going in the wrong direction and told me to go back the other way. I knew this of course, but it was a small loop in a quiet car park so I didn't think it mattered. Anyway, instead of waiting for him to leave and continuing on my loop, I actually went for a U-turn. BIG MISTAKE, considering I've never handled a scooter before. The whole gas thing is tricky! Well, maybe it's just me. Yeah, it's just me. So yeah, as you may have guessed, I made a noticeable scratch on Tom's scooter as my U-turn failed terribly and I swiped the bushes instead. Yes, I am officially the dumbest person on earth. What could happen on a 2 minute ride, right?? Leave it up to Cindy to show you. Ugh. I felt sooo bad, even tho Tom was being soo nice about it. Yeah, I'm sure this will be the most costly 2 minute ride of my life. Nice job, Cindy.
That night, I said my final good-byes to Jenny and Sean. Well, Sean will be back in Ota briefly after his tour around SE Asia so I will see him once more, but Jenny, aww Jenny. It didn't really feel like I was saying good-bye to her really, b/c I wasn't at an airport? I kept thinking I'm gonna see her again soon! I dunno, but that still didn't prevent the watery eyes as we hugged each other for the last time...in Japan. Plymouth is now on my list of places to visit! Good-byes suck. I will miss them sooo much!! Saad.
I inherited some home appliances from Sean that night so I carried them on the train with me. When I got to the bike lot at Kizaki eki, I was glad to see that the stuff fit on my bike basket...well, not really, but close enough. Anyway, as I was unlocking my bike a couple of Japanese dudes pulled up next to me and asked if I needed help. I said no and that I was ok but then one of the guys started saying all these things in Japanese which I couldn't understand. I did, however, catch the part where he was like, "You can put your things in the back seat and we can drive you home." Um, yeah right! Do I look retarded?! Wait...hold that thought. Anyway, that's when I was like, "I don't understand Japanese. Ok, BYE!" They then drove off. I wasn't too sure if I could bike with the huge bag in my basket so I started to walk my bike home. That's when I noticed the car stop at the stop sign and make a U-turn towards me. They passed me but then I could hear another U-turn being made and I could see the headlights pointing in my direction again. The guys drove slowly next to me as I was walking my bike. They asked the same questions again, and insisted on helping me with my "luggage" in their car. That was when I started to worry. I kept saying no and that I was fine by myself. Once again, they started driving off. Then, the driver stopped his car 50 feet away from me and his friend got out. This guy then started to walk next to me as his friend drove off!! WTF?! He asked me all these questions, ie) Where are you from? Do you have a boyfriend? I live alone. Do you want to come to my apt? OMG OMG OMG....psycho! I was REALLY freaked out at this point. I kept trying to avoid his questions but was scared at the same time. And where did his friend go?! Why did he just drive off like that?! I decided to do my best and attempt to ride my bike home with my huge bag in the basket. As I got on my bike, he was like, "No, no...I'll walk you home. Let's walk together!" HELL NO. Luckily, I was able to bike w/o the bag falling out. At that point tho, I would've cared less. Anyway, I took a detour home b/c I didn't want him to see the direction of where my apt is. When I got to my apt, I quickly ran up the stairs and locked my door. Sooo freaky. Come to think of it, I was really lucky b/c the guy was on foot and his friend with the car had already driven off somewhere, leaving it possible for me to escape. Whew!! Um yeah, why is Kizaki eki sooo frickin' sketchy?!! And why do I attract psychos!! UGH.
Yeah, so all that happened on Monday, the 24th. What a way to celebrate my one year anniversary in Japan, huh? At least I'm alive and safe! Yaay.
1 Comments:
Seriously freaky! I am so glad you are safe, and that you handled yourself well! - Gloria
Post a Comment
<< Home