Back to Tokyo!
After three exhausting days of work, I trained back out to Tokyo to be with the girls on their last night in Japan. Thank goodness for the Ryomo (nicer, albeit more expensive train). The train ride was so quick and comfortable! Dude, I'm taking the Ryomo from now on! What was I thinking for the first half of the year?!
I met them at Takeshita Dori in Harajuku. They were there to buy more socks before they left Japan. Seriously, I think they each got like over 20 pairs in the time that they were here! It's true, socks in Japan rock!!! I totally got some more myself. Actually, like I mentioned before, we all LITERALLY got the exact same items of clothing. Thanks to the girls, I got a lot of shopping done while they were here! Woot! It's as if I came to Japan for vacation! Haha. Abunaiyo!
We walked to my favorite Indian restaurant off Takeshita Dori and had chronic Indian food, once again. Dude, we discovered cashew nut, pineapple and raisin naan! Oishikattayo! I know, it sounds like a strange combo, but you need to try it...it's mmm mmm good! After stuffing ourselves as expected, we strolled into a nearby 7-Eleven, where we found An nin Tofu Kit Kat! I thought they were already outta season, but I forgot that it's just b/c they only sell them at 7-Elevens! (It's really sad, but I now know which conbinis sell which flavors of Kit Kats...hehe.) We bought ALL 16 An nin Tofu Kit Kats on the shelf.
We headed back to the hotel as we were all pretty tired, plus the girls needed to pack. B/c of the mix-up in booking hotel rooms, we were only able to get two "Semi-double" rooms for that night. DUDE, it was the SMALLEST bed for two people...EVER!!! Like, Lisa and I decided that if either of us were to turn to our sides while sleeping, we'd accidentally be making out! THAT small! Clazy, Japanese! Haha.
The next morning, we headed out to Shimokitazawa, once again, for some hoddeuk. We tried the cinnamon sugar one (which tasted like an inside-out churro!) and the sweet potato one. I also ordered toppoki, as I had a craving of what was offered in Korea. Mmmm....it was good. We were soo lucky with our food findings throughout the entire trip!! Yaay!
We headed back to the hotel to get our luggage, but then realized that we needed to haul-ass in order for them to make it to their 6 o'clock flight at Narita. (FYI...Narita Airport is often voted as one of the world's most-hated airports, as it is far away from Tokyo (about 1 1/2 hrs by train) and expensive to get to.) I saw the girls off at Ueno eki, then headed back to Ota.
It's strange that they've come and gone, and this much-talked-about trip to Japan has now ended. I miss them! It seems so quiet in my apt now. Having the girls come to visit was really nice, as this was the first time I had seen them in a year. It's as if no time has passed at all, yet so many things have happened since my coming to Japan. It's a strange thing, time. I am just glad that they got to witness my life in Japan for themselves, as I don't think words and pictures can ever begin to describe my experience in this unique country. With this said, pictures to come later! =)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home