Blah blah blah
I know, I know....I haven't been blogging lately. I've just been lazy...as Cindy is...but also, I guess not much has been happening lately. Everything is the same old same old. The weather, however, has been great!! The winter cold is finally over and I can now bike around, walk, hike, whatevers! I've been forcing myself to move around more b/c this nice weather will probably last for another month, then I'll start complaining about the humidity and heat. Hehe.
Yesterday, I trained over to Ashikagashi with Sean for a hike. No worries, this train ride only took like 20 minutes. =) I had looked up some info. on the Internet and thought that we could do this one trail, 3 hours each way. I'm so glad we stopped by the tourist info. center and asked for a map b/c when I told the lady about our brilliant idea, she looked at us as if we were crazy. She suggested an alternate route, which would take us 3 hours total. We took both maps and thought that we'd decide along the way. The hike in Ashikaga was great b/c we kept going up and down, so just as you're tired of uphill action, you reach a peak and start hiking down again. I think we hit like 5 mountain peaks along the way; they must've been the tiniest peaks EVER! Haha. Anyway, needless to say, the lady was right; we ended up doing the route she suggested b/c the orginal trail we had in mind would've killed us. Well, not really, but when we got to the decision-making point, we decided that 1/3 of the way done sounded A LOT better than 1/6 of the way done! This hike was beautiful, as there are many spots where you have a great view of the city. Also, there were many Japanese senior citizens along the trail who were so nice and friendly. I swear, Asian senior citizens are like the fittest people ever! Many of them zoomed past us; it felt as if I were on The Great Wall all over again!! Haha. We finished the trail in about 3 hours and headed back for a rest. Later that night, Tim and Doris picked us up and we went to Ashikaga AGAIN, this time for dinner. We went to this place called Nanpuu that serves Southeast Asian food. I got the course menu and let's just say that I'm sure I ate waay more calories than I burned yesterday!! Saad!! Mmm...but also so good!! Haha.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home