Yet Another Lazy Weekend
I know, I know...this has been the story of my life since the beginning of the new year. I can't help it though, it's just too cold to do anything that requires too much movement! Thus, I spent last weekend mainly eating and hiding in my apt. Well, I wasn't that bad.
On Friday night, I met Jeff, Sean and Jenny on the train to go to Takasaki to attend Teresa's birthday dinner. It was nice to see everyone there, even though it was a bit of a trek to get there. It's alright, I don't mind the train at all when I have company! Anyway, Happy Birthday, Teresa! The next afternoon, I trained again to Jeff's place (this time by myself, boo!) to watch some t.v. It's like I went all the way to Yabuzuka just to stare at a computer screen. Not like, I did. Haha. We watched the first two episodes of the BBC Pride and Prejudice mini-series. Colin Firth is definitely a hotter Mr. Darcy than the guy in the movie. However, I think that the movie has an overall better-looking cast. Well, IT IS a movie, I guess. Jeff and I are fine with the entire cast (of the BBC P&P), but our only complaint is that Jane looks like a man, when she should be the "beautiful" one. Strange. After P&P, we watched Margaret Cho's Assassin. Not very good. Like Jeff said, I think she's run outta things to talk about. Sad. Later that night, Nacchan picked us up and we went to Moti (Indian food) w/ Sean and Jenny. It was really good but really filling...so typical of our nights out. On Sunday, I actually cleaned!! Woohoo! The only reason for that was b/c Sunday was a SUPER nice day and it was warm enough for me to air out my apt and get up off the couch to clean. Yippee! However, I still have lots to do since I haven't really done much lately due to the the cold-as weather. Yes, I let the weather run my life.
Thoughts of the day:
Yesterday, my school had an assembly about keitai (cell phones). I didn't attend, but my JTE told me that the assembly was to warn kids not to respond to random text messages they get from strangers about winning a prize and meeting up with them in order to get it or something. UMMM.....I really hope my kids aren't that dumb in the first place. "Oh look, a random stranger has texted me saying I've won a prize. Yippee! Let me meet him at midnight at that abandoned warehouse to get it!" Ok, I'm retarded.
Masaki (the "cool" kid in my 2A class that EVERYONE follows) told me today that Shotaro (the biggest ninensei trouble-maker and good friend of Masaki) has moved into my apartment bldg. Great. Now on top of my bike borrower, I have to look out for Shotaro and Masaki possibly pulling pranks on me. Nice.
2 Comments:
Maybe Shotaro is your secret stalker, and he moved into your apartment building in order to be closer to you!!!!
Aren't I a good friend?
Um, I went to the keitai talk at my school. So stupid. And they even told everyone that only Japanese people use the internet on their mobile phones. No other country does it. I think these people need to do a little more research before they start preaching... I told the teachers this afterwards.
Post a Comment
<< Home