Boring post comin' up...if you don't like it...well, too bad!!
Ok, so I'm at the point where it's too cold and I'm too lazy to do ANYTHING, let alone blog. BUT, if I don't blog now, it'll be worse later. So here goes a boring regurgitation of recent events.
So, last Wednesday night, we had our first Ota potluck since the New Year at Jenny's place. She made Thai curry...mmm mmm! I also brought some food omiyage from Hong Kong to the potluck, which consisted of almond sand cookies and chewy chewy peanut candies. Now I don't think the sand cookies went over too well, as I still had the whole box left over at the end of the night! Sad, b/c at least my friends can tell me that it tasted a bit drrryyyyy, but as for my Japanese teachers (who each got a sand cookie and a peanut candy), well, let's just say that they would say that dirt tasted "oishii!", just to be polite. Hahahha. Hmmm...now there's an idea! Next trip, next trip. Yes, I am evil.
On Friday night, I trained to Maebashi with Jeff and Jenny to Haley's surprise birthday party. It was so cool to see everyone show up for her birthday. Teresa really did SO much for her...it was awesome! It was nice to force myself out of Ota and meet up with some other people in Gunma who I normally don't get to see. It's getting harder and harder to not stay in though....damn cold weather!!
On Saturday, I slept in till 12:30. Yes, nothing to be proud of, but I need my sleep! I realize that I never fully recovered from my two trips over the break, as I am ALWAYS feeling sleep deprived these days! Anyway, I met up with Jeff, Jenny and Ann to watch Pride and Prejudice at AEON. This is probably the best movie I've seen in Japan thus far! Yes, I liked it more than King Kong. I just loved the story itself and I thought Keira Knightly did a great job. Mr. Darcy could've been cuter but he wasn't not good-looking enough to get me distracted from the movie. Make sense? Anyway, I am still up for seeing the BBC series with Colin Firth! Any takers??
I went to Time Clip on Sunday night and rented Harry Potter for my kids. I thought I'd be able to bike there from my place, but after seeing Tim drive from my place there, um, no thanks. I'm not about to bike an hour each way just to rent a movie! Sorry to disappoint you kids, but it ain't happenin'! That's why I've decided I'm gonna leave one of my bikes at Ota Station, since it's a lot closer from there. It's SOO cold lately though, I really don't want to bike....
This Monday, I went to ESS with Em. This is the English exchange thingy that goes on every Monday. It used to be at Grow Up....read past blog entry... Anyway, it was cool to see everyone back from the winter break. It was also free as Benny gave us "pocket money" for New Year's. Yaay! Anyway, the best part was that I got to get rid of the rest of my sand cookies! Poor Japanese people...didn't know what I was throwin' at them! Muaahahhahahhahaha. Note: Bringing back the food omiyage from Hong Kong made me go over my luggage limit and I had to pay the overweight charge!! K, just to clarify...NOT me being overweight...my luggage! Anyway, so these sand cookies and chewy pieces of stuck-in-your-teethness cost me....never again!
Moving on. On Wednesday, Tim's potluck had to be cancelled due to coincidental circumstances. Dude, do I sound like an episode of CSI or what? Anyway, instead of the potluck, a few of us went to Ikkyu for some dinner. It was goood. I almost forgot how good the food there is. After dinner, we opted for a caffeine fix and headed to Starbucks. Hot Starbucks boy wasn't there...boo.
K, now I'm all caught up! But then again, the weekend is just around the corner...meaning, wait for more posts next week from the ever-so-exciting Shindy!! Not.
Thoughts of the day:
If I just remain on my couch and focus hard enough, will my apartment start cleaning itself?? That'd be sweet!! Trying as we speak...or type, should I say.
Oh yes. Big news. Another year, another...another...unwanted cloned omiyage from my teachers? Anyway, just wanted to inform you all that I've decided to stay a second year in this craziness of a country. Yeppers, I will be here to torment my Japanese students till next summer. Why...you may ask? Well, my answer to that is...why not?! Haha.
2 Comments:
you are having such a fabulous time. why am i here working my career already.....hmmm?
I am up for the BBC's P&P. Colin Firth is HOTT
I'm currently downloading Pride and Prejudice for a "let's be hopeless romantics while eating ten pounds of chocolate" marathon...only seven days of downloading left! Whee! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home