Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Plans to Hibernate Not Working Out

So, my plan WAS to hibernate for the next two weeks...at least until payday. I am broke as ever and I need to budget! I was planning to stay in Ota this next weekend but being the restless person I am, I've already made plans to go hiking. Well, at least that won't cost much and it's exercise. I need to go to the gym as well, but it has been waay cold lately (by Californian standards), so I can't bring myself to bike to the gym...which is 20 min away. INSTEAD, I've retreated to my apt and watched as many Gilmore Girls episodes as possible. I ended up sleeping at 3am last night...I learned my lesson today at school. Where are those nicotine-filled vitamin drinks when you need them??

REQUEST: If I stop blogging sometime during winter, it's probably b/c I've died from not being able to withstand the cold. Please check my apt and make the necessary funeral arrangements. Thanks.

Anyway, I really really enjoy having my own place. It's so nice to be able to do whatever the heck you want and know that there won't be drama b/c someone didn't take out the trash or wash the dishes. I am as clean and messy as I want to be. Why can't I have a place of my own for less than $500 back in the States? Well, in San Diego at least.

Thought of the day:

I agree with some other JETs in that I think teachers in Japan act more as parents than teachers. Well, they are the teachers, parents, counselors, administrators, etc. They tend to baby the trouble-makers and class clowns rather than discipline them. I think this encourages them to act up even more...b/c they are getting all that attention in class, even from the teachers.

Anyway, I take back the lesbian comment I made in one of my earlier posts. Today, that same girl was slapping my cute JTE's butt over and over again. He just ignored her. So if it's okay for the students to do it, does the same rule apply to ALTs??

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Santilli said...

Spank that shit, girl!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy!

Just wanted to drop by and read your blog for a little bit! Sounds like you're eating a lot of yummi food (I'm so jealous) and meeting a lot of cool people (Who is this Jeff...haha...and they allow child labor? :-O).

Anyway, it was fun reading your blog!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home