Friday, October 07, 2005

Amazing AEON and a Successful Potluck

Wow, I'm so good with titles...not. Anyway, Van is leaving me tomorrow...sad. =( We've had a lot of fun this past week! Although I've been at school during the day, she's been doing quite a bit of exploring by herself. She just visited my school earlier and tortured the kids w/ me. Anyway, she's at Ikaho right now. Ii naa! I still haven't been to an onsen (hot spring) yet. I will need to trek out there soon. Hmm...what else.

Oh yeah, Tuesday night I took Van to AEON, the only and biggest mall in Ota. Well, if it's the only mall, then it must be the biggest...um, nevermind. Anyway, we had SO much fun there! Who knew the mall could be so exciting?! Well, when you live in the country as I do, the mall IS very exciting. Now I know how people in the Midwest feel when Walmart opens up...well, maybe not Walmart...evil slave drivers. Anyway, I seem to be having ADD at the moment. Let's see. Oh yes, we went to AEON. We didn't get to see hot Starbucks guy...boo...but we did go to Ninnikuya and had cinnamon brick toast...mmm! We just walked and shopped around, went to the hyaku yen store (which btw, has anything and everything you would need and it's 100x better than the $1 stores back at home), and I stopped by Jusco for some groceries. Thanks goodness for customer appreciation days. Anyway, we had bags upon bags that we had to take back with us. I dunno what was soo fun about our trip, but we both agreed we had an excellent time there. Ah, AEON. Next time I better see the Starbucks guy...then my trip will be complete. =)

So last night I had a debut potluck at my apt. I didn't burn down the apt! Yaay! Success!! I try to be realistic w/ my goals. =) So yeah, I ended up making waay too much pasta...like enough to feed 50 people...what a waste. Um, I know certain people said I shouldn't throw it away but I knew I would just put it in the fridge and a couple of days later, throw it out. Why prevent the inevitable? Today is trash day as well. I did save a bowl, though just not the whole freakin' pot. Anyway, thanks to those of you who helped me clean. A big big thanks to Van, who was stuck at my apt and had no choice but to help me clean. Funny how she's only here for a week and she had stain remover whereas I've lived here for 2 months and didn't even have salt in my apt up until a couple of days ago.

Thought of the day:

Is one of my sannensei a lesbian? I was in class today and one of my students kept asking me what my cup size was?? Then she kept stroking my hair and was like "Ooo...very straighto...very softo...ii naa!" Well, I really don't think she's a lesbian but it's just that the Japanese are so strange sometimes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for a very fun Potluck! The pasta was great!

I am counting the seconds till work is over...its been a very slow day.

Sean

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jeff Santilli said...

Yay, a new post from the ever-humorous Cindy. Thanks for a good potluck...the carbonara was oishiiyo!

As for hot Starbucks guy...maybe he'll be there tomorrow. One can hope. If not, we should ask where he is..."I'll have a grande caramel machiato, and where the hell is the hot boy that works here?!" Oishii, indeed.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Japanese are very weird it seems. IN an endearing way. Kind of like you, my Cindy! Just kidding. Damn I miss you girl. I feel like my nights are empty without you!!!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Cindy Ng said...

Lisa, I miss you and Mona soo much as well! It's great how we can enjoy each other's company w/o doing anything at all. You girls will have to visit soon! I expect to see you two here!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home