Ouch! And Clinton?





Why do I fall into the most embarrassing situations?! The other day I went out to lunch with a couple of friends. We were chatting and eating our yummy desserts when I pointed to someone outside in the parking lot and said, "Ooo, that guy almost got ran over!" That's when it happened....to me, of course. I suddenly felt my chair buckle beneath me and I was wobbling and waving my hands in the air. I saw myself falling in slow motion but I didn't think to stand up. Damn my slow reaction time!! Before I knew it, BOOM!!!! I fell straight to the ground and boy was it loud!!! My friends had a concerned look on their faces for literally 2 seconds before they busted out laughing hysterically. Thanks, Jenny and Jeff. Hehe. J/k. I was laughing just as hard! Weird thing is, all the Japanese people in the restaurant pretended like nothing happened. For goodness sake, half the leg of the chair broke off!! Our servers just passed by really quickly and switched the chairs as if they had done this before! Hmm, I really need to go to the gym. Apparently I am too heavy for chairs in Japan. Sad.
I've decided I love my shougakkou (elementary school)! The kids there are actually interested in what I have to say! I had been doing my self intro all week long and I was getting tired of talking about myself. But when I got to my shogakko on Friday, the kids were soo excited in looking at my pictures and listening to me that I could've gone on and on! It felt so good! As I walked around one of my classes with my family picture, this one kid kept asking "Where's Clinton? Where's Clinton?" He said this in Japanese so I just pretended I had no idea what he was saying. But Clinton? Um, I'm sorry, but I don't think Clinton is in my family tree. Wait a sec....does he know something that I don't???
Update: This past weekend I went to Kamakura, Yokohama, and Tokyo. The big Buddha was pretty cool and Chinese food in Chinatown ain't bad! Too bad I didn't have time to take the ferry though. Next time. Oh yes, it was also great to see Mika, Ayumi, and Lynnette in Tokyo!! It's so strange to see all of them here. The whole time we were thinking that Tea N' More was just next door! Aww.... Tea N' More. I miss boba. It just ain't the same here.
Thought of the day:
Why do the kids at school have to pick up the teachers' crap? The have a designated "cleaning time" when the students throw away the trash, sweep the floors, wipe down the stairs, etc. around the entire school. That's why they don't need janitors here. They leave it to the kids. I guess it teaches them something. I guess. Last week my 8 year old third graders served me lunch. Nice.
1 Comments:
As a witness to the chair incident, I do have to say it was the funniest thing I witnessed all week long. It should be noted that it was a very sturdy-looking wooden chair, and that the broken leg was splintered all over the place. It was freaking HILARIOUS. Er, I mean, I hope you didn't hurt yourself, Cindy!
Perhaps we should stop indulging in cake....
Post a Comment
<< Home