Friday, September 16, 2005

Let's Studying Japanese!

Okay, so my Japanese has pretty much gone downhill since I've arrived in Japan. I hang around foreigners most of the time so I am constantly speaking in English. I keep saying I'll hit the books soon but that has yet to take off. I better start doing something about it or else the whole year will pass by and I would know the same amount of Japanese as when I first arrived! The more time I have to myself, the more I think about what I want to accomplish in my time here. It's really easy to just hang out and let time pass, but is that really what I want from this experience? Ah, too much thinking, Cindy.

So, last night we had another potluck, this time at Angie's apartment. The food was awesome! We have pasta every time b/c it's easy to make and it can feed lots. Hm...what should I make when it comes time for the potluck to be at my place? I might need help with this one since you all know that I can't cook to save my life. Sad, since my mom and dad are such the awesome cooks!

Yay for the two long weekends coming up! I'm excited! Yay, Japanese holidays!

Thought of the day:

Why no food at the vending machines? So as you all know, there are a million vending machines at every corner in Japan. They sell sodas, tea, coffee, beer, cigarettes, underwear, etc. I'm sure they sell food somewhere, right? Well, please let me know if you see one that sells food b/c I can't find any. Sometimes I just want some Pocky from a vending machine. Is that too much to ask for? Oh yes, and there are like 6 vending machines near my train station and none of them sell water! Why don't Japanese people ever drink water?? How do they survive drinking tea and coffee all day long to dehydrate themselves even more?! I'm super happy now that I have my Brita, which by the way, cost me $30! No matter...it's a long term investment. =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cindy you crack me up. This blog is so you. (duh, but you know what I mean)

--lisa

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home